One of the primary industries JLJ General Contractors serves is that of data centers and telecommunications facilities. With millions of dollars being processed through these data centers on an hourly basis, any downtime of the server or network has the potential to be extremely costly. JLJ can complete the necessary improvements while keeping your data center and communication systems up and running. One of our specialties in this area is performing live access floor replacements.
Remodeling and renovating data centers is considered mission critical. At JLJ, we realize that with each of these projects we undertake, our reputation is on the line. With the high amount of risk involved in these types of projects, we focus heavily on our training to make sure that our employees are the most knowledgeable and prepared in the industry.
Recent Data Center Projects
Project: 2nd Floor Build-Out
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Relocated existing administrative space to another facility.
- Renovated the 2nd floor space to accommodate equipment deployment. The renovation included: new air handling unit, new sheet metal ductwork distribution, modifications to the existing BMS, new electrical distribution panel boards, PDSC feeders, Fire Alarm, VESDA, and architectural finishes.
Project: Generator Replacement
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Temporarily installed four 2.0M emergency stand-by generators.
- Modified generator controls system to automatically bring temporary generators on-line and transquare feeder building load upon loss of utility power.
- Removed three 2.5MW EMD’s including the related fuel system, air start system, intake / exhaust.
- Furnished and installed three new 3.0MW stand-by generators.
- Furnished and installed one new Generator Control Switch Board and two new Emergency Power Switchboards.
- Constructed a small addition to the existing generator building to accommodate new generators including concrete, fuel trenches, masonry, pre-cast wall panels, etc.
- Furnished and installed new air intake system / exhaust system.
- Modified existing fuel delivery system including new fuel monitoring system and fuel controls.
- Upgraded Building Management System including critical alarms.
Project: UPS Replacement
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Systematically removed three 1,000 kVA rotary UPS systems.
- Installed three 1,000 kVA static UPS Systems with common output board.
- Replaced existing batteries.
- Removed existing cooling / exhaust system.
- Furnished and installed new cooling system (chilled water CRAH units).
- Upgraded BMS system including alarms.
- Cut-over the existing UPS load from the old system to the new UPS system.